Nebraska Bank of Commerce is seeking an individual for a full time, credit analyst position. This individual will be responsible for providing credit analysis for the lending activities. When needed and in conjunction with a loan officer, the analyst will meet with current and potential customers to obtain information needed for loan requests. With appropriate training and development, this individual will be expected to make out-bound relationship building calls on business owners and prospective customers. This position is a stepping stone to become a commercial banking officer.
- Credit Analysis: Underwrite, analyze and prepare presentations for loans. Assist in negotiating loans and structuring presentations. Analyze the credit and collateral aspects of business and individual loans both secured and unsecured.
- Monitoring: Monitor loans to ensure proper documentation with respect to items such as periodic calculation of ratios to determine financial covenants. Assist with annual account reviews and ticklers. May monitor loan repayment activities and take necessary action to collect past due accounts.
- Inspections: Perform collateral inspections including but not limited to commercial real estate properties and single family residences. Also assist in documenting values of subject properties.
- Systems: Utilize Microsoft Excel, Word, and WebEquity software to analyze financial information and form objective opinions to assist lenders in identifying strengths and weaknesses on each credit.
- Administrative: Participate in loan meeting discussion of credit structure and financial analysis and other applicable meetings and trainings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to deal effectively and tactfully within the bank and in representing the bank to customers, shareholders and directors.
- Possess analytical skills necessary to assess and evaluate areas of responsibility including determination of loan risk involved and recommendation of credit limitations.
- Understand financial data such as cash flow, balance sheet and collateral dynamics of customers’ properties and geographic area.
- Experienced administrative skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Individuals with major(s) in accounting, finance, economics and/or business administration are encouraged to apply. Previous credit analysis or lending experience preferred.
Environment Demands: The environment for this position is an office-type setting that is mostly clean and comfortable. Little discomfort caused by such factors as noise, heat or dust. This position spends time writing, typing, speaking, listening, lifting (up to 20 pounds), carrying, seeing (such as close, color and peripheral vision, depth perception, and adjusted focus), sitting, pulling, walking, standing, squatting, kneeling and reaching. Nebraska Bank of Commerce is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Phone: 402-420-8341 Fax: 402-423-4041