Mortgage Banking Officer
FLSA Status: Exempt
Summary of Job Responsibilities:
Nebraska Bank of Commerce is seeking an individual for a full time, mortgage banking officer position. This individual will be responsible for originating mortgage loans with consumer clients, providing follow-up and closing on loans. The right candidate will develop referral relationships with realtors, builders, bankers, and other sources in order to proactively solicit business and conduct sales-related activities. This person will meet with current and potential customers to develop information concerning their needs and to sell bank services and work with other loan officers to promote the bank and cross sell products and services.
Essential Functions and Job Responsibilities:
- Service: Work with clients to identify their financial goals and find ways to reach goals. Obtain and compile copies of loan applicants’ credit histories, corporate financial statements, and other financial information. Confer with underwriters to aid in resolving mortgage application problems.
- Process: Meet with applicants to obtain information for loan applications and to answer questions about the process. Conduct preliminary underwriting reviews and submit loan applications to processing and underwriting for approval. Ensure timely delivery of credit file to investors. Participate in the maintenance of a successful and profitable mortgage program to create profitable banking relationships.
- Sales: Market bank products to individuals and firms, promoting bank services to customers.
- Maintain: Review and update credit and loan files. Responsible for complying with credit policies and regulations. Analyze potential loan markets and develop referral networks in order to prospect for loans.
- Supervisor: Supervise the employment, training, salary, performance reviews, hiring and termination of the mortgage bankers and processors
- Community: May participate in community and business functions and determine the various depository and credit needs of the Bank’s market area to ensure that Community Reinvestment (CRA) objectives are being met. Maintain an active role in community affairs to increase the Bank’s visibility and new business opportunities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A high level of interpersonal skills to communicate policies, procedures, and objectives effectively throughout the Bank and to represent the Bank positively to the public and cultivate working relationships with current and potential loan accounts.
- Under general supervision, analyze and evaluate areas of responsibility including determination of loan risk involved and recommendation of credit limitations.
- Experienced administrative skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel, and Calyx. Good written and verbal skills.
- Comply with all requirements, policies and procedures of the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) and attend all mandatory BSA training as needed for this position.
A technical level of knowledge normally acquired through completion of major(s) in accounting, finance, economics and/or business administration and 2 to 5 years of increasingly responsible experience in lending.
Environment Demands: The environment for this position is an office-type setting that is mostly clean and comfortable. Little discomfort caused by such factors as noise, heat or dust. This position spends time writing, typing, speaking, listening, lifting (up to 20 pounds), carrying, seeing (such as close, color and peripheral vision, depth perception, and adjusted focus), sitting, pulling, walking, standing, squatting, kneeling and reaching. Nebraska Bank of Commerce is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply, please apply online or send a resume to email@example.com or 6000 Village Drive, Ste. 100, Lincoln, NE 68516.