Mortgage Loan Processor
Summary of Job Responsibilities:
Nebraska Bank of Commerce is seeking an individual for a full-time, Mortgage Loan Processor position. This position is responsible for processing mortgage loans, including the input of mortgage related new loan information, completion of loan documents, and preparation and maintenance of mortgage files for ultimate delivery of loan packages to investors. Loan administrative duties primarily include interacting with mortgage banking officers, investors, and customers by playing a key role in closing new business with an emphasis in loan documentation production, support, and maintenance.
Essential Functions and Job Responsibilities:
- Service: Assist customers and Bank personnel with inquiries pertaining to mortgage loan applications and documents; handle related correspondence and telephone inquiries. Provide prompt, efficient, and accurate service in processing loan files. Proactively assist customers throughout the entire mortgage process. Deliver loan packages to investors and follow-up with final document transmittal.
- Vendors and Services: Responsible for the accurate input of new and renewed mortgage loan information; review all loan application packages for accuracy and ensure completion of loan documents; conduct file maintenance. Order services necessary for the completion of the loan process (appraisals, verification of employment, 4506T audits, title commitments, credit reports, etc).
- Process: Review preliminary title reports for possible exceptions. Review final approval with loan officer; verify that loan amount and terms are correct. Prepare funding documents and obtain appropriate approvals, prepare tickets for funding. Prepare file for closing, ensuring required closing documents are obtained; process closing fees and send documents to be recorded to proper locations. Process and complete accurate Closing Disclosure for customers.
- Maintain and Organize: Maintain tickler system for follow-up of appraisal, title and loan documentation. Coordinate loan closing between Title Company and borrowers. Maintain reports for banking reporting and tracking purposes.
- Training: Expected to attend and participate in ongoing training and meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Relevant work experience will be taken into consideration. Prior banking experience preferred.
- 1 -3 years of mortgage processing experience preferred.
- Experience with software packages such as Microsoft Word and Excel and various mortgage software programs such as Calyx, Doc Magic, and Doc Express.
- Knowledge of mortgage loan procedures and guidelines (FHA, VA, Conventional, Jumbo), mortgage banking and compliance requirements (TILA, RESPA, HMDA, etc.) preferred.
- Proactive and responsive with a high level of accuracy, attention to detail, and excellent follow through.
- The ability to prioritize using effective time management and organizational skills in a fast paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with people in a team environment and with customers.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing effectively and professionally at all levels of the organization and in the community.
- Must possess a “can do” customer service attitude/philosophy.
- Comply with all requirements, policies and procedures of the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) and attend all mandatory BSA training as needed for this position.
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
The environment for this position is an office-type setting that is mostly clean and comfortable. Little discomfort caused by such factors as noise, heat or dust. The incumbent in the course of performing this position spends time writing, typing, speaking, listening, lifting (up to 20 pounds), carrying, seeing (such as close, color and peripheral vision, depth perception, and adjusted focus), sitting, pulling, walking, standing, squatting, kneeling and reaching. Nebraska Bank of Commerce is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply, please send a resume to HR@thenbcbank.com or 6000 Village Drive, Ste. 100, Lincoln, NE 68516.Phone: 402-420-8342 Fax: 402-423-4041